Happy new year, reader! Thank you for your new or continued support of our mission. This year, we are changing up the quarterly LTC Journal to deliver you more timely information on a monthly basis and to better keep you up to date about what’s happening at NursingHome411! If you haven’t already, be sure […]
The LTC Journal covers important long-term care issues by highlighting policy updates, news reports, and academic research. Topics in this edition include:
- New federal guidance for nursing home surveyors to strengthen safety and accountability.
- LTCCC’s Q1 2022 staffing report showing nursing home staff turnover at 53.3%.
- A report detailing how real estate […]
In the Elder Justice Newsletter, we highlight citations, including deficiencies related to abuse, neglect, and substandard care, that have been identified as not causing any resident harm. The goal of this brief newsletter is to shed light on the issue of so-called “no harm” deficiencies, which typically result in no fine […]
The Winter LTC Journal is here! The LTC Journal covers important long-term care issues by highlighting policy updates, news reports, and academic research. Topics in this edition include:
- How the Federal Government’s inaction led to 11 nursing home deaths per hour.
- The COVID-19 pandemic’s disproportionate toll on nursing homes with higher shares of Black or […]