Fire Through Dry Grass is a documentary that offers a rare look inside a New York City nursing home during the COVID-19 pandemic. This episode of the Nursing Home 411 Podcast features the film’s co-directors, Andres “Jay” Molina (a resident at Coler Rehabilitation & Nursing Care Center) and Alexis Neophytides, who chat about life at the Coler Nursing Care Center, the power of poetry, and how this captivating documentary project came to be.
Interview recorded March 25, 2021 and edited for clarity.
- Go to https://www.firethroughdrygrass.com/ to watch the Fire Through Dry Grass trailer, meet the cast, join their mailing list, and make a tax-deductible donation.
- Follow Fire Through Dry Grass on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Vimeo.
- Roosevelt Island’s Wikipedia page
- Q&A with Jay and Alexis, via the Disability Visibility Project.
- Open Doors website.
- Vincent Pierce (Fire Through Dry Grass composer) and Jay were featured in a 2019 Vice article, “How to Live After Being Shot.”
- Alexis’ recommendations:
- Jay’s recommendations
Host: Eric Goldwein
Production assistant: Hayley Cronquist
Music: Liturgy of the Street by Shane Ivers – https://www.silvermansound.com