Click on the links below to download easy-to-use files for each state.
Each file includes information on:
- Each facility’s direct care RN, LPN, and CNA staffing levels;
- Staffing levels for important non-nursing staff, including administrators and activities staff; and
- The extent to which the facility relies on contract workers to provide resident care.
To facilitate ease of use, the individual state files are easily sortable. For example, a state file can be sorted to identify which facilities have the highest reported levels of RN care and which have the lowest.
Notes on the Information Provided:
- Data provided are the averages for the quarter (three month period).
- If a facility is not listed, it has not provided appropriate staffing data to CMS.
- CMS is now using payroll-based data on Nursing Home Compare. However, they are including nurses assigned to non-care functions in their computations of staffing levels. The nursing staff data provided on our website do not include staff time designated for administrative or non-care functions. They only include the staff that nursing homes have designated as providing resident care.
- See the Notes tab in each file for more information about the data.