Register for a free webinar, “Nursing Home Reform: The Federal Landscape,” on Tuesday, February 24 at 1pm.
Note: To register, you must create an account on the New York State Bar Association’s website.
Richard Mollot of LTCCC, Eric Carlson with Justice in Aging, and Toby Edelman of the Center for Medicare Advocacy will discuss the foundations of federal nursing home standards, issues related to the implementation of those standards over the years and, most recently, resulting from the rollbacks under the Trump Administration and the impact of COVID-19. The program will conclude with a roundtable discussion of the challenges and opportunities to improve quality and safety presented by a new Congress and presidential administration.
The panel will discuss:
- Nursing Home Reform Act: The Foundation of Nursing Home Standards
- Federal Enforcement Failures and Rollbacks
- COVID-19 & Federal Policies
- Opportunities & Challenges in Congress for Improving Nursing Home Quality & Safety
- Roundtable on Opportunities for Nursing Home Quality Improvement Under the Biden Administration
- Elder Law & Special Needs Section
- Special Committee on Long Term Care Facility Reform
- Committee on Disability Rights
- Long Term Care Community Coalition