LTCCC submitted an amicus brief (also referred to as a “friend of the court” brief) in the case against the administrator and medical director of the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke, Massachusetts related to COVID-19 deaths. An amicus brief […]
The LTC Journal covers important long-term care issues by highlighting policy updates, news reports, and academic research. Topics in this edition include:
- Unsafe antipsychotic alternatives on the rise.
- Louisiana nursing home owner arrested for felony fraud and cruelty.
- RN staffing levels down 12% in 2021.
- Infection control compromised during pandemic.
- Nursing Homes Fail US Veterans: Elder Justice “No Harm” Newsletter (Volume 4, Issue 3) GalleryElder Justice Newsletter, New Jersey, New York, News & Reports, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Uncategorized, Washington
In the Elder Justice Newsletter, we highlight citations, including deficiencies related to abuse, neglect, and substandard care, that have been identified as not causing any resident harm. The goal of this brief newsletter is to shed light on the issue of so-called “no harm” deficiencies, which typically result in no fine or penalty to the […]