The Senior Care Policy Briefing covers important long-term care issues by highlighting policy updates, news reports, and academic research. Topics in this edition include:
- Medicaid Fraud Control Unit cases resulted in 1,327 convictions for fraud, abuse, or neglect in 2022.
- Patients left in unnecessary pain and discomfort for days during hospice care.
- Nursing home residents survive on as little as $30 per month.
- High rates of antipsychotic drugging persists despite “black box” warnings.
- Too many nursing home operators pay related parties in excess of reported costs.
Read the full Senior Care Policy Briefing in the PDF below or download here.