Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) training & certification requirements vary considerably across the U.S. In some states, the requirements go beyond the federal minimum while in other states requirements are nearly identical to the federal standards.
This page displays Mississippi CNA Requirements as of February 2023.
To see requirements in other states, visit nursinghome411.org/cna-reqs.
Mississippi CNA Requirements
- Education & Training Requirement
- Individuals must complete a state approved nurse aide training and competency evaluation program.
- Testing Requirement
- Individuals must pass both a written and skills test.
- Renewal & In-Service Requirements
- In-service requirements are the same as federal.
- Renewal requires 8 hours of nursing or nursing-related duties every 24 months.
- 75 hours.
- Same as federal.
- Credentia Mississippi Handbook
- Credentia Mississippi Renewal Form
- MI Department of Health
- 23 Code Miss. Rules Pt. 207, R. 2.12
15 Code Miss. Rules Pt. 16, Subpt. 1, R. 54.1