Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) training & certification requirements vary considerably across the U.S. In some states, the requirements go beyond the federal minimum while in other states requirements are nearly identical to the federal standards.
This page displays Colorado CNA Requirements as of February 2023.
To see requirements in other states, visit nursinghome411.org/cna-reqs.
Colorado CNA Requirements
- Education & Training Requirement
- Individuals must complete a state approved nurse aide training and competency evaluation program.
- Testing Requirement
- Individuals must pass both a written and skills test.
- Renewal & In-Service Requirements
- In-service requirements are same as federal requirements.
- 8 hours of nursing or nurse related employment in the past 24 months.
- 75 hours total (no less than 16 for pre-clinical, no less than 16 classroom hours).
- Same as federal requirements.
- Rev. Stat. Ann. § 12-255-201 (West)
- 3 Colo. Code Regs. § 716-1:1.11-E
- CO CNA Laws