Last month the White house made a major announcement about nursing home reforms, perhaps the biggest news for nursing home residents in 35 years. In Part 1 of this two-part episode, Toby Edelman (Senior Policy Attorney, Center for Medicare Advocacy) and Richard Mollot (Executive Director, LTCCC) join the NursingHome411 Podcast to talk about the timeline of the reforms, what they mean for residents, and the historical context of the reforms.
Interview recorded March 16, 2022 and edited for clarity.
- Read the White House announcement on the nursing home reforms
- Center for Medicare Advocacy (CMA): Stop Whining, Be Part of the Solution
- LTCCC: The biggest and most positive news for nursing home residents in the 35 years since Ronald Reagan
- Former CMS Chief Seema Verma Blasts Nursing Home Reform Proposals
- LTCCC and CMA publish a joint “Elder Justice Newsletter” highlighting citations that have been identified as not causing any resident harm
- Richard’s Recommendation: The Gilded Age
- Toby’s Recommendation: Amos (starring Kirk Douglas)
Host: Eric Goldwein
Production Assistant: Casey Chu
Music: Liturgy of the Street by Shane Ivers – https://www.silvermansound.com
This is the work of the LTCCC. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Health, nor has the Department verified the accuracy of its content.