Technology resources like Zoom, FaceTime, Alexa, even TikTok, can open a world of possibilities and help us stay connected. Unfortunately, for many seniors and nursing home residents, these resources can be challenging and overwhelming. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Stefano Selorio is a 23-year-old Founder & CEO of Carevocacy, a company that provides tech tutors for seniors. In the interview we chat about how and why we should empower older adults to use technology, whether it’s to video chat with family, listen to music, post on TikTok, or play Wordle.
Interview recorded August 26, 2022 and edited for clarity.
- Follow Stefano on TikTok or Twitter and check out Carevocacy’s website: https://carevocacy.com.
- Study: A National Assessment of Access to Technology Among Nursing Home Residents: A Secondary Analysis.
- Resources to protect older adults from fraud and financial exploitation.
- Study: Reducing the Digital Divide: Connecting Older Adults to iPad Technology.
- Contact LTCCC’s family council liaison for tips on using technology to support your advocacy.
- Stefano’s recommendations:
- YouTube tutorials
- Nat “King” Cole’s “Smile”
Host: Eric Goldwein
Production Assistant: Stefan Foster
This is the work of the LTCCC. It does not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Health, nor has the Department verified the accuracy of its content.